What I learned while having coffee with friends...
August 4, 2015
Last week I had the wonderful opportunity to meet up with some inspirational ladies over coffee. We laughed and shared our goals and ambitions over a cup of coffee and some delicious snacks from a local coffee shop, Conscious Cup. If you're looking for a new drink to try, give their iced lavender almond milk latte a try!
During our time together we discussed valuable tools for starting a business, how to build our professional networks and the design of our websites. While all these topics were incredibly valuable, I learned far more that afternoon from these lovely ladies by listening to their stories and sharing my own ideas and interests.
Below are the 5 things I learned while having coffee with friends...Enjoy!
1. The law of attraction.The people and circumstances we attract are always a reflection of our own thoughts and beliefs. As I sat across the table from my friends, I listened to them describe their hopes, dreams and ambitions. I also listened while they described their struggles and fears. The more they spoke, the more I realized they were reflecting what my inner thoughts were. There is something about hearing your inner thoughts aloud that puts everything into perspective. It's a magical experience when you can learn so much about your friends, while at the same time learning more about yourself and uncovering the authentic beautiful self that you were created to be.
2. There is great healing in committing to our dreams.Whatever your dream is, no matter how big or small; Don't take no for an answer. When you find what you love, go after it. Share your dreams with others and release your intentions into the universe.
3. The moment I became vulnerable, is the moment I grew leaps and bounds. By being honest with myself and sharing that honesty with others I began to grow and change in the direction of my dreams. The more I spoke about my goals, the more confident and inspired I became in fulfilling them.
4. When in doubt, take the next small step.Sometimes, when we have so many ideas swirling around in our head or get stuck in our fears, we don't go anywhere. When this happens, I've learned to take a moment to breathe and check in with myself. It is from this place of stillness that I can clearly see what lies ahead and commit to the next small step on my journey. In the end, it's our journey that teaches us about our destination.
5. Have Faith and Courage!As women, we have the power to do incredible things. We have the power to do the most incredible, beautiful things! When we all come together to celebrate our accomplishments, to support one another and bring each other higher, we make this world a more peaceful wonderful place.
And lastly, spend some time with a friend this week. Have fun, laugh and enjoy a good cup of tea or coffee together.